Gaffney Fitness Center Features:
- Customer Service/Information desk
- 65 inch TV to assist in sustaining your workout
- Cardiovascular room with treadmills, steppers, bikes, rowers and more. Eleven TV's to assist in sustaining your workout
- Hammer strength & plate loaded machines
- Life Fitness training equipment Expanded women's locker rooms
- Men's and Women's sauna
- 25 M indoor pool
- Sun deck
- Two racquetball courts
- Racquetball Court Hours:
Mon-Fri: 5 a.m.-8 p.m.
(Reservations Required, Call 301-677-3716)
Sat, Sun, and Holidays: 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Challenge Courts
* Reservation periods are for one hour, beginning on the hour. Only one reservation per person, per day will be accepted. A 15 minute grace period is permitted before the court is declared open. Authorized patrons may call the same day for reservations, in accordance with the schedule above.
Open toed footwear, boots, dress shoes, jeans, dress slacks, skirts, dresses, unsafe or offensive attire are strictly prohibited.
Athletic attire appropriate to the activity is mandated to ensure the safety, personal hygiene and protection of customers and property.
Shirt, shorts/pants, and shoes are required at all times while working out in the fitness centers (except pool).
ACU’s/BDU’s are allowed to be worn in the weight room only for Active Duty Soldiers.
Open to all eligible DoD ID card patrons--active duty, immediate family members, reservists, retirees, and civilians, and contractors. 100% ID cards is required (Exception Active Duty in uniform). Authorized children and guests must have proof of ID/age to enter the facility. Civilians and contractors that do not have a DOD ID card must obtain an MWR card that is issued at Gaffney Fitness Center (see admin hours) before authorized to use the fitness centers.
- Participants are required to wear OSHA approved eye protection at all times during play.
- Footwear worn outdoors is prohibited on the basketball courts and the indoor racquetball courts.
- Towels are required for use on benches and machines.
- Use weight collars at all times.
- Gym bags are not authorized in the cardio / weight room.
- Limit workout to 30 minutes per machine, per person.
- Wipe down the machine after each use.
Active duty, retirees and their spouses 18 & over may sponsor 2 guests (13 & over) per visit. Guests must show a valid ID or proof of age to enter the facility. You must stay with your guests at all times while in the facility.
Dependents, civilians, contractors assigned to FT Meade and their family members, are not allowed to sign in guests.
Authorized children ages 13-17 may use the fitness center with an authorized adult/patron. Children must have an ID or document with proof of age to enter the facility. The adult must be with the adolescent at all times. Children under 13 are only allowed in the pool area and must be with an adult at all times to lap swim. Children are also allowed during recreational swim but must also be directly supervised by an adult while in the pool.
If children are present during intramural games, they must be supervised by an authorized adult who is not participating in the activity.
Food and Beverage:
NO food is allowed inside the facility. ONLY water is allowed during workouts and intramurals.
It is the patron’s responsibility to secure their valuables while utilizing Gaffney Fitness center and Murphy Field House. MWR will not be held responsible for patrons’ property. Please bring your own lock for lockers. Staff may not safe guard personal property.
Use of foul language (cursing), yelling, fighting or heated arguments will not be tolerated at anytime for any reason. Gaffney / Murphy staff will handle inappropriate behavior in accordance with Standards of Operation Procedures.