The center provides workout towels. All necessary equipment is available at the center; racquets, balls, goggles, weight belts -- free of charge.
Open toed footwear, boots, dress shoes, jeans, dress slacks, skirts, dresses, unsafe or offensive attire are strictly prohibited.
Athletic attire appropriate to the activity is mandated to ensure the safety, personal hygiene and protection of customers and property.
Shirt, shorts/pants, and shoes are required at all times while working out in the fitness centers (except pool).
ACU’s/BDU’s are allowed to be worn in the weight room only for Active Duty Soldiers.
Open to all eligible DoD ID card patrons--active duty, family members, Reservists, retirees, and civilians, and contractors, age permitting.
Active duty, Retirees and their spouses 18 and over may sponsor 2 guests (13 and over) per visit. You must stay with your guests at all times while in the facility.
Dependents, Civilians, contractors assigned to FT Meade and their family members, are not allowed to sign in guests. They must also obtain an MWR card that is issued at Gaffney Fitness Center.
Children ages 13-17 may use the fitness center with an authorized adult/patron. The adult must be with the adolescent at all times. Children under 13 are only allowed in the pool area and must be with an adult at all times to lap swim. Children are also allowed during recreational swim but must also be directly supervised by an adult while in the pool.
If children are present during intramural games, they must be supervised by an adult who is not participating in the activity.
Food and Beverage:
NO food is allowed inside the facility. ONLY water is allowed during workouts and intramurals.
- Plastic sports bottles with a non-spill, snap close drinking spout (biking water bottles) may be filled with WATER ONLY and used inside the facility.
- All other beverage containers and food items are restricted to the lobby or outside.
Two Racquetball Courts
- Participants are required to wear OSHA approved eye protection at all times during play.
- Street shoes or fitness shoes that will mark the floors or equipment are not permitted.
- Footwear worn outdoors is prohibited on the basketball courts and the indoor racquetball courts.
- The aerobics room has a special cushioned floor which is available on a first come first serve basis for stretching or unit aerobics classes when the room is not reserved for classes held through the facility.
- The facility has two basketball courts which are available on a first come, first serve basis. Pickup basketball games are offered at lunch time and evening. Each player must be present to sign up on the list. Volleyball may be set up during non-pickup game times. Requests for volleyball court set-up must be made through the Facility Manager.
- Each locker-room features a sauna, lockers, and showers
- Weight room with Hammer Strength machines, free weights, and
a Life Fitness machines
- Towels are required for use on benches and machines.
- Use weight collars at all times.
- Gym bags are not authorized in the cardio / weight room.
- Life Fitness equipments (treadmill, bicycles, and cross trainers)
- Limit workout to 30 minutes per machine, per person.
- Wipe down the machine after each use.
It is the patron’s responsibility to secure their valuables while utilizing Gaffney Fitness center and Murphy Field House. MWR will not be held responsible for patrons’ property. Please bring your own lock for lockers. Staff may not safe guard personal property.
Use of foul language (cursing), yelling, fighting or heated arguments will not be tolerated at anytime for any reason. Gaffney / Murphy staff will handle inappropriate behavior in accordance with Standards of Operation Procedures.