The School Liaison Office works in conjunction with the Child and Youth Services Division and the local school community to address educational issues involving military children. Through partnering with the local and military community, the School Liaison Officer uses a variety of resources to provide assistance with issues concerning student transition and educational needs. The School Liaison Officer acts as a communication link between the installation and the surrounding school districts. The SLO advocates for military families in a variety of areas within the school system to include home school and special needs children.
School Liaison Officer Programs:
- School Transition Support: Integration of military children into the local school systems.
- Installation/School Communication: Representative for issues involving public schools and the military.
- Education Summit Issues: Youth education initiatives, legislation impacting youth education, etc.
- Partners in Education (P.I.E): Coordinate partnerships between the community and installation.
- Post Secondary Opportunities: Assist in preparing youth for the transition from high school to work/college.